Friday 25 January 2013

playing catch up

So, I have been 30 for a week and a day (I meant to blog yesterday but Bella has been home sick so it had to wait) Much to my disappointment the world didn't end (only disappointed because that makes James right) Really nothing has changed, life has still be crazy and chaotic, I am still exhausted all the time, may be it really is just a number.

My birthday was wonderful, I started the day off with a new tattoo that I have been wanting to get for awhile. I got the girls names done on my arm. I have been feeling like a bad mom having paw prints on my foot for the dogs but nothing for my girls. Tattoo's are an addiction, I was sure going in that this would be my last one, but now it has been on my mind where the next one will go.  I am the wimpiest person ever, needles scare the hell out of me and the act of getting blood drawn reduces me to tears, but for some reason tattoo's don't bother me at all... ok that is a lie, the addition of a paw print on my foot hurt like hell, I will be considering my next puppy very carefully to decide if they get a print on me :o) it took Storm 2 years to get her, I guess she is staying, sorry James.

The rest of my day was fun too, James was off for the day so I got to spend some nice time with my husband that I feel like I don't get to see enough and then my Mom and Dad and brother Shane and his girlfriend Lisa came over with chinese food for supper. Perfect birthday for me!



The rest of my week has been emotionally draining, I don't think my brain has had time to turn off and I haven't been sleeping well.

Bella had her fitting for her hearing aides on the 22nd, she was a champ. She was so patient through the whole process and was excited to pick out pink and purple hearing aides. We will be getting them on February 7th. I am taking all of this in stride, I know that it is going to be an amazing thing for her, I can't wait to see her face when she can hear everything going on around her, I just hate everything she has to go through. She is the happiest, strongest little girl, my wish for her is that she never loses her postive outlook on life, she has been pretty sick for the last two days and didn't stop smiling the whole time. I found this quote on pinterest this week “You Were Given This Life Because You Are Strong Enough To Live it.” It is my Bella, I just hope that I can remember this for myself some days, may be this is my next tattoo on my hand so I can see it every day :o)

Then there is Ava... My dear little Ava. The cough is getting worse, the other afternoon she was sleeping in her crate while I was grooming and I timed it out that she didn't go more then 20 minutes at a time without coughing. It only seems to bother her when she is lying down,m she can go for a walk or go run agility and she doesn't cough at all but as soon as she sleeps she is either coughing or snoring very loudly. With everything I have read the cough doesn't hurt her, but can be irritating. I like to know she isn't in pain, but how much do I ask her to go through. She is still my happy little dog that goes crazy when she see's the agility leashes come out and is my snuggle buddy in the morning. But I always said I wouldn't let her be uncomfortable or in pain for my benefit of having her longer. I have decided to give the month of February a break of thinking about it, I have some idea's to try out to relieve things a bit and I will see what March brings.

But that brings everything up to speed... Bella is back at school after two days home sick so I should attempt to get some housework caught up (YEAH RIGHT) Tomorrow is Lexi's first cello recital and I am so excited to go watch her! Such a brave little girl up on stage by herself.




my Bella <3
my Lexi <3
I have been having a lot of fun playing with my new camera, good thing my girls make such good little models.

















No comments:

Post a Comment