Tuesday 15 January 2013

being a grown up is stupid... I hate tough decisions

so much has changed since my last blog post... at that point my hopes for Ava were to run her at Regionals and Nationals... now my hope is just to keep my little buddy as long as possible...

where even to begin... James and I have a great holiday planned for August, we are taking the girls for almost 3 weeks down to Nevada and California, a stop in Vegas, Disneyland and San Diego plus of course some beach days. We have been planning this for awhile, this is my 30th birthday trip. It has had to be postponed a couple times due to kids activities, but we decided to go the first few weeks of August, it will be nice and hot in those area's, which for my girls to swim on the beach it needs to be hot, they both do very bad swimming outdoors, little purple kids is not much fun. 

THEN Nationals gets announced that it will be in Edmonton the long weekend... We are suppose to leave the Friday on our holiday, we already had everything booked with James's work and a relief pharmacist in for James. Now his boss's are amazing and we would be able to change our dates, but this meant extra time for James to make up for the long weekend, re-arranging the relief pharmacist, ect. But if this is what I wanted it is what we would do. So I had been working on re-arranging and re-planning our holiday, we already have tickets to Taylor Swift in San Diego so we have to be down there for a specific day and plan around that. 

Then I started to notice things in the last week. Ava is struggling to come up and down the stairs, when she has been sleeping in her kennel for awhile she struggles to get up and get going, a couple weeks ago we did a barn practice and she ran 2 runs with Lexi and when we got home she slept for the whole rest of the day. Last night I got home from teaching class and she was curled up on my bed, I came in went to the bathroom, changed my clothes, got a few things cleaned up and she hadn't moved, I touched her side and she didn't move, I shook her a little and still no movement, and my heart sank, I touched her nose and she snorted and looked up at me. Not good... Like I said in my last post, Ava owes me nothing and I owe her everything, and I owe her a life to relax. We won't totally retire, she still likes to run, she can run a game with Lexi here and there and may be a snooker with me every so often, but for the most part Ava is done. And all of this made me think of how silly I was being wanting to take the other two to regionals, I was taking them along because I was going anyways. But for Blossom I just got her back playing and no matter how hard I try I don't do well in stressful situation and I can't afford to project that onto her, I LOVE running with Blossom and I won't risk that for regionals, not now, not until her and I can work together better, I still feel like I am walking on egg shells with her. and Storm, what was I thinking? the poor dog hasn't even run a full trial and I am thinking of asking her to do regionals, I always told myself I would never run a dog at regionals unless they were at least at the end of advance almost to masters, she is still a baby and I want to keep her that way for now.

So, that free's up a couple weekends for me. I cried my tears and now am at peace with my decision. James and I spent two hours last night looking at things for our trip and I can't wait to take our girls. I love agility, but there is plenty of time for all of that. My girls are only little for so long and I want to enjoy every moment I have with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment