Tuesday 14 January 2014

Training Troop Trial and Week 2 picture

my week 2 picture theme was Innocence.... I kinda cheated because this was taken Sunday instead of Saturday but I am ok with that :)



To me there is nothing more innocent then a kid playing with her dog. I love to watch Lexi run, she has fun and just loves the game. She could care less about world team, missing that contact, or if she should front or rear cross... she just wants to run. This weekend she received the judges choice award from Sarah for advance handler. Her comments were that everyone should take a little piece of Lexi home this weekend and end each run with their hands up in the air cheering like she does. I love my kid, she pretty much always makes me proud, but she also makes me want to be the handler she is.

the weekend...

Lexi, Lisa and I headed up to Calgary for the January Training Troop Trial. I love trialling in Calgary, I love seeing everyone and I enjoy indoor agility (no birds for my naughty springer to chase)


Lexi and Blossom had their first full trial weekend. They started their weekend with a starters gamble q, leaving Lexi needing just one more to get her games title. Then they ran the rest of the weekend running with Lexi under regular handler rules instead of JR rules. They got a Q!!!!! We figured out Blossom's issue that as long as I am not in the area they are awesome together! So they earned an advance Standard Q. Their other advance standard course had 5 faults as Blossom back jumped the second last obstacle, I was so impressed, Blossom runs great with Lexi and weaves beautifully for her, they are going to make a great team!!!

Ava and Lexi also ran this weekend in the JR handler category. They had some great runs with just a blip here and there. But they got their last needed Advance Standard Q to get Lexi her Advance Junior Handler title!!!! My plan was to retire Ava, but she was doing her runs almost 20seconds under time and still having fun running and Lexi is very excited to try out Masters, so I guess Ava will play a little longer :) I don't think she is quite ready to retire yet anyways!

Then there is my Storm... She is just turning into a great partner :) We made our weekend with a jumpers Q to get her Starter Game Title (I thought we would be in starter jumpers FOREVER) and this was her first trial in Advance Standard and she got 2 Q's!!!! one more and we are off to masters, that is a little scary!!! And she also got a advance snooker q! I am having so much fun with her!.

but no more trialling for a bit, Lexi has dance season coming up and it is going to get busy around here. So I guess we get in more practice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment