Wednesday 1 January 2014

Reflections of 2013

here it is 2014....


2013 was as always a year full of ups and downs.

Then end of March brought Miss Clover into our lives. There were moments when I had no idea what we got ourselves into with this border collie puppy, but she is the love of Lexi's life and has brought so much joy to our lives.

The spring was Lexi's first venture into competitive dance. Her first competition season was awesome with many medals and fabulous performances. I look forward to watching her solo this year!

Summer started out very hard losing James's grandma. Most days it still doesn't feel real for her to be gone, but I know she was ready to go and is in peace and no longer in pain.

August brought our amazing road trip to California. So many memories.

Fall was sad and happy, I sent my baby to kindergarten which was tough for me, I still find my days lonely without Bella home. Lexi turned 7 and Bella turned 5, I don't know where time has gone.

Then end of November we made the tough choice to put our two cats down. It was hard to say goodbye, it makes me realize Ava's aging which has been hard for me to face.

December of course was busy busy busy :)

2013 for Bella showed such growth in her. She has been with her hearing aides for almost a year. The change in her speech and understanding has been incredible. She loves school and is doing amazing with her printing and understanding letters and their sounds. I think she will be reading very soon.
She still enjoys dance and started piano lessons this year as well.

Lexi... oh my Lexi :) She finished grade 1 with amazing marks, and is overachieving in grade 2. James and I couldn't be more proud of her and she just loves school! She is doing well with cello and will be playing 2 pieces in festival in 2014. Dance is still her love and she has a solo for the 2014 competition season. And then there is agility.. I couldn't more proud. She is such a great handler and has such confidence and understanding of the sport. I enjoy all the compliments I get on my girl <3 And her and Clover are working hard!

For us this year has been great. James and I are just enjoying life. He loves his job, my business has had the busiest year yet and I love being home and able to do whatever the girls need of me. Agility has been great this year and I look forward to trialling more with Storm and seeing what that girl can do!




2014 will be 15 years of James and I being together and 10 years of marriage. I look forward to our Hawaiian vacation in July and exploring more of the world with our beautiful girls. Life is good and I am thankful for every moment.





No comments:

Post a Comment