Monday 30 September 2013

a wonderful weekend

I love agility. I didn't do much over the summer and I think my dogs enjoyed the break and so did I, I came back this weekend with a new attitude and just felt good running.

Lexi and Storm- Lexi ran Storm in gamble this weekend. She did well, Storm was a bit nervous with Lexi and a bit unsure of what Lexi wanted with her, they will have to work together over the winter building their relationship so they can have fun playing together in Gamble.

Lexi and Ava- Lexi and Ava had a good weekend. They got a Advance Jumper's Q and had some nice snooker runs. They had a clean second jumpers run but were over time. Ava was a bit distracted because she had been running with my for the weekend and that tends to make her head a but funny.

Ava- it is the end of our career. I have officially retired from running my amazing girl. We have had a wonderful time together. She has ended with her Master Agility Dog of Canada, Ex Bronze Jumpers, Ex Bronze Snooker, Steeple Chase Title, Qualified at both Regionals she has been too and had top 10 placements at Nationals in 2010. This little girl owes me nothing and she continues to give me more by playing agility so well with Lexi. I couldn't love this little girl more and I am going to miss playing with her, but it is hard for her to switch back and forth from me and Lexi. Our Snooker run on Saturday was a thing of beauty, flowed nicely and she finished to 7 with time remaining. I was so happy to have that be our round for her Bronze. Then on Sunday we got our victory lap playing team relay as we were short a dog. Her run was clean and fast, best weaves I have ever seen from my little dog. She will always be that dog who holds my heart and no other dog will compare to what she has taught me. Some day (a VERY long time in the future) when she gets her final retirement run she will get to do that with Lexi.

Blossom- my little firecracker is back!!! How much fun was she this weekend! She got her Advance Snooker and Jumpers this weekend to move her up to Masters! YEAH!!! I am so happy to be playing in Masters again with her. I am in love with this little girl, she is so funny and spunky and can be such a goofball. She did both Advance Gambles this weekend but was over time because she wanted to go visit people around the ring. At least I know she can do them. Her first Master Snooker run was lovely, she was 3 points short of a q, she needed to finish the tunnel she was half way through when the buzzer went, and in Master Jumpers she had one refusal because I was in the wrong spot. I have so much hope for our future. She is a great little girl!

Storm... Oh my moose... She is turning into a great girl. She had a good weekend. She got an Advance Gamble Q that was very nice, and we got our first Starter Jumper Q!!!! I was sure we would never get one of those and it was nice!!! YEAH!!! We are starting to find our "click" and I had fun running her this weekend. I didn't feel stressed and I handled her like I do in practice with no babysitting and it felt nice.

Clover was a good girl on the sidelines this weekend. She spent a lot of time in her kennel with very little barking or whining, she played nicely with the other dogs out in the ball diamonds. I was proud of her. She is still very people shy, but I don't need her to want to be everyone's friend. She needs to love her family and tolerate others around her and she did that nicely.

It was a great weekend. Our judges were great, the trial ran smoothly and was a fun weekend. I am excited to get back to practice and work on new things with my girls.

my awesome nails for the weekend!

Awesome Blossom was back!!!

my Storm <3

my beautiful girls, I love these two so much! I look forward to watching them!

No comments:

Post a Comment